As 2016 comes to a close, I would like to thank you for supporting the game of golf through your membership with Golf Canada and your provincial golf association.
Your 2016 dues are being invested back into the sport:
- Golf in Schools now delivering its curriculum to 3,108 schools across Canada
- Future Links welcomed 85,000 junior golfers at 536 participating facilities
- 145 Golf Fore the Cure events conducted across Canada raised $354,000 in support of breast cancer research
- National, provincial and regional golf competitions
- Course and Slope Rating; Rules and Handicap seminars; coach training and certification
- Preservation of golf history and heritage through the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame and Museum
It was exciting to see so many members engaged in the sport this past season:
- A membership base that includes close to 310,000 golfers across the country
- Golf Canada members posted more than 7 million scores following rounds at member golf clubs
- The average member golfer enjoyed approximately 20 rounds this season
- 35 million page visits on Golf Canada’s website – the #1 source for Canadian golf news
Team Canada athletes continue to inspire on the global golf stage—Jared du Toit’s run at the RBC Canadian Open; Hugo Bernard capturing his first Canadian Men’s Amateur Championship; Mackenzie Hughes’ incredible season that included victories on both the Web.com Tour and PGA Tour; and Brooke Henderson, the first Canadian female to win a major since Sandra Post, capturing her first LPGA Major at the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship. Golf’s return to the Olympic games for the first time in 112 years saw Brooke Henderson, Alena Sharp, David Hearn and Graham DeLaet proudly represent Canada in Rio de Janeiro.
Golf Canada, along with our provincial partners, are investing in the overall health of golf and that investment simply wouldn’t be possible without our members. The initiatives supported through membership dues are helping to create a new generation of golfers and life-long enthusiasts that contribute to the vitality of the sport.
Thank you for your continued support of our great game.
Not a Golf Canada member? Click here to learn more.